You probably arent
going to be at this page unless you run a site and you want some
help with a few extra hits huh? Fair enough. I don't mind helping
you out but first you must play by the rules! Below is a list of
the a few things you gotta abide by to get a link...
The rules are purely here so I can weed out the
crap from the good stuff and not feel guilty when I dont reply to
your email asking me to link you. There's a shit load of sites around
the place that deserve a bit of extra traffic and I arent going
to waste my time linking those that don't.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON PAID ADVERTISING ON ORSM.NET THEN PLEASE GO HERE.
1. If you want a link then make sure you have
got one back to me. Preferably not on the bottom of some list on
a page of your site that no one ever goes to. You don't necessarily
have to be sending me traffic for a link back you way though.
2. Sites that are just selling stuff wont get linked. This also applied to sites that just link to pay sites. Your email will be deleted so let's save both ourselves the time.
3. No more than 1 pop-up! They annoy me at the
best of times and although it's sometimes necessary to have at least
1, you wont get a link if you have millions of consoles opening
up all over the place.
4. If you update your site the same way I sort
of do mine, make sure that it gets an update fairly reguarly. I
arent going to link you if the last update you did was late '99.
5. Your site must be on a full domain such as www.example.com. Sites that use some.isp.com/~luser/a/omglolkthxbai/ will not be linked.
6. If you host your site on your home computer
or on a slow connection, don't even bother. [Don't laugh - it's
7. Sites hosted on free providers [ie. Geocities,
Fortune City etc] arent going to be linked unless they offer something
really really really special. Free hosts have a bad habit of removing
sites for no apparent reason and I don't wanna send surfers to a
site that may not be there tomorrow.
8. If you email me asking me to link your one-week-old-first-attempt-at-building-a-web-site
creation and make it sound like YOU would be doing ME a favour by
linking back to me, then please feel free to kiss my ass because
there will be no link coming your way.
9. Pestering me repeatedly on Icq is not only
going to see you blocked from my list, but also me not linking/liking
I won't add your site to the permanent links on each page.
Just because I have linked you before or you have had me linked
for the past 25 years doesn't mean you will be getting a perm link.
I decide what goes there and it comes down to personal preference
of which sites I enjoy surfing.
11. Pathetic attempts to get your site
linked, such as sending me abusive email or anything equally as
lame - won't work.
12. Bleeding heart plea's won't necessarily
work [but are worth a try - especially if I am bored].
13. Sites containing illegal content or linking to illegal content such as kiddie shit will not be linked.
Thats about all I can think of at the moment.
I'll add to this list as I come across more and more stupid people.
Once you have read the rules then feel free to drop me an email
and I'll TRY and link you. Be warned - I usually won't reply to your
email. I usually just add your url to a list and link you when I
If your site breaks a few of the rules - don't
despair because you may still end up with a link if I'm in a good
mood. I'm not a wanker with a God complex and I'm more than happy
to help get some surfers to your site if I can.
Enjoy. Mr Orsm.