PLEASE NOTE: WE ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOU OR ANYONE ELSE ATTEMPTING THE ACTIONS STATED ON THIS PAGE. IT IS A GUIDE ONLY. PLEASE USE COMMON SENSE OR IF YOU ARE LACKING IN THAT DEPARTMENT THEN TRY ASKING A FRIEND.
** IF YOU EMAIL ME ASKING A QUESTION THAT HAS BEEN ANSWERED
ON THIS PAGE YOU WILL NOT GET A REPLY **
I've added this section because I get a huge
number of emails from people asking questions about how to do
things or just generally asking for help with certain things around
the site. This is just a mini HOWTO. I'll add more to this page
as I get more emails asking for help.
1. I'M HAVING PROBLEMS USING FIREFOX AS MY BROWSER. IS IT ME OR YOU?
The short answer is that it is Orsm.net. We don’t currently have full support for FireFox however this will be resolved in coming months. To get around the problem you will need to surf Orsm.net in Internet Explorer or download and play them directly from your hard drive.
2. I CAN'T WATCH YOUR VIDEOS ON MY MAC. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?
Apparently if you download and save the video to your hard drive using the download link [directly below the video] you should be able to view it. This may require a player such as VLC.
3. I AM GETTING AN ERROR MESSAGE WHEN TRYING TO DOWNLOAD A VIDEO. WHATS THE DEAL...?
This is usually due to one of two things. Firstly, you followed a link to a file on Orsm.net from another site which is not allowed and basically plain unlucky for you!
Secondly, it's because your system is blocking http_referer information from being sent. The script that Orsm.net uses to handle video downloads and protect them from thieves needs this information to allow you to download.
Often it's a configuration error on your computer caused by the latest and greatest security software someone convinced you would solve all your problems. The most common culprits are:
NORTON INTERNET SECURITY & NORTON PERSONAL FIREWALL
The numero uno bandit. There's obviously several versions out, so checking the Symantec website for documentation specific to your version is recommended, but here's the common solution for the last few incarnations:
1. On the left side of the NIS window, click "Privacy Control".
2. Click the "Settings For" arrow & select the account you want to change. (If needed)
3. Click "Custom Level".
4. In the "Customize Privacy Settings" dialog box, UNcheck "Enable Browser Privacy"
WINDOWS XP FIREWALL
Windows XP has its own built-in firewall that can be enabled or disabled. More in depth information can be found by searching the Microsoft's website or by checking this page.
To enable or disable Internet Connection Firewall:
1. Open Network Connections (Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network Connections.)
2. Click the Dial-up, LAN or High-Speed Internet connection that you want to protect, and then, under Network Tasks, click Change settings of this connection.
3. On the Advanced tab, under Internet Connection Firewall, select one of the following:
- To enable Internet Connection Firewall (ICF), select the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box.
- To disable Internet Connection Firewall, clear the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box. This disables the firewall, your computer and network are then vulnerable to intrusions.
- You must be logged on to your computer with an owner account in order to complete this procedure.
- You should not enable Internet Connection Firewall on virtual private networking (VPN) connections or on client computers because ICF will interfere with file and printer sharing.
- ICF cannot be enabled on the private connections of the Internet Connection Sharing host computer.
Again, there are a few versions, yours may differ, so please check the Zone Labs website, but here's the most common solution [for ZoneAlarm Pro V3]:
"Privacy" Heading > "3rd Party Cookies" > Uncheck "Remove Private Header Info." > Apply
People who are still running older versions of Windows may experience problems. It is recommended that you upgrade a later version of your operating system or at very least the newest version of Internet Explorer.
There are quite a few pieces of software being used to stop all the annoying 'pop-ups'. Some ISP's now include this type of software in their connection bundle; Some browsers now have built-in pop-up suppression. The problem is, some of these do this by blocking http_referrer or header information from being sent. So, if you are using something like this, try disabling it and see if that enables you to get downloads working again. If so, you can then check the software for any advanced configuration options, or check the website of the manufacturer for more info.
This one is pretty simple - don't use them. This includes Download Accelarator Plus [DAP], Get Right or any similar program.
This guide obviously doesn't covered every possible problem but it will help to rectify issues for 99% of people. It is highly recommended that you make sure all of your software is up to date especially operating system and browser. This will minimise problems.
Finally, just keep in mind that all this can be blamed on retards stealing my links and posting them on other sites or forums which in turn costs me thousands of dollars!
I DOWNLOADED A VIDEO BUT IT WONT PLAY...?
of 2004 all videos posted on the site are in .wmv format and can be played using Windows Media Player which can be downloaded here. Older files in the site archives may be of varying formats and can be played with one of the following:
- If it's an .AVI file you need to
install DivX. Download
it here. You can also try downloading and installing Gdivx player.
Get it here.
- If it's a .QT or .MOV
file you need Quicktime. Get
it from their site here.
- If the file is a .RM or .RAM
you need Real Player. Download
5. HOW DO
I SAVE THE PICTURES ONTO MY COMPUTER...?
- Internet Explorer users: Right mouse click over the picture and
select "Save Picture As"
- Netscape users: Right mouse click over the picture and select
"Save Image As..."
6. I CAN'T FIND A VIDEO OR PICTURE YOU POSTED... CAN YOU EMAIL IT TO ME...?
No. Check the site archives.
7. HOW DO I SEND YOU SOMETHING...?
Simple. You can contact me .
If it's good enough I'll try and use it somewhere on the site.