|50 INTERESTING BUT PROBABLY UNTRUE
1. Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
2. Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
3. There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
4. The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.
5. A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
6. There are more chickens than people in the world.
7. The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched."
8. On a Canadian two-dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament
building is an American flag.
9. All of the clocks in the movie "Pulp Fiction" are stuck
10. No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver
11. "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the
12. Almonds are a member of the peach family.
13. There are only 4 words in the English language which end in
dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
14. A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
15. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
16. Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
17. In most advertisements, the time displayed on a watch is 10:10.
18. Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
19. The characters Bert & Ernie on Sesame Street were named
after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra's "It's
a Wonderful Life."
20. A dragonfly has a life span of 1.6 months
21. A goldfish has a memory span of 3 seconds.
22. It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
23. The giant squid has the largest eyes in the world.
24. In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
25. The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar
tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
26. The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
27. There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.
28. The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.
29. A cockroach can live nine days without its head before it starves
30. A polar bear's skin is black. Its fur is not white, but actually
31. Elvis had a twin brother named Aaron, who died at birth, which
is why Elvis' middle name was spelled Aron: in honour of his brother.
It is also misspelled on his tomb stone.
32. Donald Duck comics were banned in Finland because he doesn't
33. More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in
34. Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
35. Shakespeare invented the words "assassination" and
36. Marilyn Monroe had 6 toes on one foot.
37. If you keep a goldfish in the dark room, it will eventually
38. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
39. Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than
left-handed people do.
40. The sentence "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"
uses every letter in the English language.
41. The names of the continents all end with the same letter with
which they start.
42. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters
on only one row of the keyboard.
43. The word race car and kayak are the same whether they are read
left to right or right to left.
44. A snail can sleep for 3 years.
45. American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive
from each salad served in first-class.
46. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
47. Vatican City is the smallest country in the world with a population
of 1,000 and a size of 108.7 acres.
48. "I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English
49. No president of the United States was an only child.
50. The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it.