|YOU KNOW YOU LIVE IN SOUTH
- You can do
your monthly shopping on the pavement.
- Police stations demand security
- You have to hire a security guard
whenever you park your car.
- You call 10111 and they arrive
a day later.
- The money in Monopoly is worth
more than you paid for the game.
- You can count the national soccer
team's scores with no fingers.
To get free electricity you have
to pay a connection fee of R750.
- Hijacking cars is a profession.
- Defecating in a garden can win
- You can pay your tuition fees by
holding up a sign at a traffic light.
- You produce a R100 note instead
of you drivers licence when stopped by a traffic officer.
- The petrol in your tank may be
worth more than your car.
- Police have to call for a taxi
to go arrest a criminal.
- More people vote in a local reality
TV show than in a local election.
- You can eat worms (mopani) and
dried meat (biltong) and not be considered disgusting
- You can buy cool drinks with 45%
alcohol in them at rugby matches.
- People have the most wonderful
names: Christmas, Goodwill, Pretty, Wednesday, Blessing,
Brilliant, Gift and Given.
- "Now - Now" can
mean anything from a minute to a month.
- You continue to wait after a traffic
light has turned to green to make way for taxis travelling
in the opposite direction.
- Travelling at 120 km/h you're
the slowest car on the highway.
- You're considered clumsy
if you can't use a cell phone, change the CD, drink
a beer and smoke while driving.
- You're genuinely and pleasantly
surprised whenever you find your car parked where
you left it.
- You can travel faster in
the 'slow' lane of the highway than the 'fast' lane.
- A bullet train is
being introduced but we can't fix potholes.